Information for Students

Our focus remains firmly on the health and wellbeing of all our staff and students, and we have been following closely the advice set out by the UK and Scottish Governments. As a result, we are now moving to online/remote learning and teaching.

Students can log in here to access information on their course. 

Frequently Asked Questions:

What are the symptoms of the virus?

Symptoms of Coronavirus include:-

  • feeling tired
  • difficulty breathing
  • high temperature
  • a cough
  • for more information about symptoms please visit the NHS webpages.

What is the best way to protect myself and others against Coronavirus? 

There is currently no vaccine to prevent COVID-19. The best way to prevent infection is to avoid being exposed to the virus. Key to this is good hygiene – wash your hands with soap and water or use a sanitiser gel regularly throughout the day. Catch your cough or sneeze in a tissue not your hands, bin it and wash your hands.

Shaking hands may also spread the virus, so this is being actively discouraged. 

What is City of Glasgow College doing about Coronavirus? 

City of Glasgow College is acting on advice from sources including the FCO, WHO, NHS and Health Protection Scotland. We have taken proactive steps to ensure that everyone has access to the latest advice. We have closed our twin campuses from Tuesday 17 March and moved to remote/online learning and teaching. We have also been in contact with students and staff and have strongly advised all staff and students against non-essential travel until further notice. We are monitoring the situation closely and will provide further updates as necessary.

Do any staff or students have the virus? 

There are no confirmed cases of COVID-19 involving staff or students.

Travel / holidays

All international and UK travel on College business for staff and students has been cancelled.

There are some countries and areas where there's a higher chance of coming into contact with someone with Coronavirus.

If you're planning to travel abroad and are concerned about Coronavirus, see advice for travellers on GOV.UK.

If you've been to one of these places in the last 14 days:

  • stay at home and avoid close contact with other people
  • do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital
  • use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service to find out what to do next

The 111 Coronavirus service will tell you if you need to continue to stay at home (self-isolate) or if you need medical help.


Moving to online teaching and learning will not affect your attendance record. If you are concerned or have questions, please contact our Student Support team at

Students and staff experiencing persistent symptoms (similar to those of a common cold, including fever, dry cough, sore throat, problems breathing, shortness of breath, headache and body aches) should seek medical care by calling their GP or NHS 111.

Assessments and Exams

Some, or all practical assessments may be delayed until a future date.

We will do everything we can to make sure that students can progress to the next stage of their course.

Funding/Financial Support

You will continue to receive your student financial support/funding as usual. We have planned for our student support teams to work from home and they can be contacted via

Course applications and interviews

New applications are being considered as usual. 2020/21 prospective students are being offered places without the need to travel to campuses for interview. Those places remain subject to places being available and students meeting expected entry requirements and qualifications.

How do I keep updated about the latest information on Coronavirus? 

This page and MyCity will be kept up to date. As this is a rapidly evolving situation, we are asking you to check these pages regularly to keep informed of the latest advice.

I'm concerned about my friend/flatmate/colleague. What should I do? 

We understand that this is a worrying time and that you may have concerns about people you care about. There is a range of wellbeing support for students.

I'm concerned about my friend/flatmate/colleague who is displaying symptoms associated with Coronovirus. What should I do? 

Please call 111 and refer to the NHS webpages for advice.

I've called 111 and been told to self-isolate. What does this mean?

Self-isolation means staying at home for 14 days and not going to college or work, using public transport such as buses or trains, or visiting public areas such as libraries, pubs or shops.  Please ask friends or family to help with shopping or other essential supplies you may need.

If you would like to speak to someone about your concerns, contact

Information for Tier 4 International Students

We are aware that some students have already decided to return home, or are planning to do so very soon, and are concerned about the impact on their assessment. As the college is now closed, preparations are underway to support students to complete their assessment away from college.

Please follow guidance on NHS Inform Website for up to date information and advice on the virus and measures that you can take to reduce your risk of getting or spreading the virus.

If you have to self isolate due to symptoms of Coronavirus, please log any absences on MyCity as per normal attendance procedure. All authorised absences will not affect the attendance requirements of your Tier 4 Visa. Please note that all absences must be logged on MyCity to be authorised.

For more information for International Students, please see UK Council for International Student Affairs website.

Helpful Links

City Campus

Students’ Association
City of Glasgow College
Second Floor
190 Cathedral Street
G4 0RF
t: 0141 375 5322

Riverside Campus

Students’ Association
City of Glasgow College
Ground Floor
21 Thistle Street
G5 9XB
t: 0141 375 5600

City of Glasgow College

Registered Charity No: SC036198

Powered by MSL