Spring into Action is our third and final Step Count Challenge this year! Our overarching theme for Spring into Action is capital cities of the UK and Europe. For the challenge we will be using the Paths for All platform, and in teams of five, staff/students will have the opportunity to log steps and take part in some other fun activities along the way. You can walk, wheel, jog, run, cycle or do a yoga workout. They all count!
Sign-ups are now open and close on Friday 30th of April at 5pm. The challenge will begin on Monday 3rd of May, and conclude on Sunday 23rd of May. Everyone will be issued with an individualised digital certificate upon completion of the challenge.
To take part follow these steps:
- Ask four other people to join your team, and nominate one person to be the team captain
- Create a team name and sign up via our online google form.
- Team captains will be responsible for registering their team on the Paths for All website, and ensuring their team members follow the simple process to sign up.
Team captains will be expected to act as the key motivator for their teammates, so choose wisely! Further instructions will be issued to team captains at 5pm on Friday 30th of April via email.
Everyone will need to make sure they have some kind of fitness tracker to count steps. You will then be required to input this data into the Paths for All database manually. Alternatively, you can link your app to Paths for All and the steps will be synced automatically.
There are a variety of apps that you can download to help you record your steps:
- Google Fit
- Leap Fitness Step Counter
- Activity Tracker Pedometer
It is essential you keep a record of your steps and be able to showcase these, so that it matches up with your total number of steps on the Paths for All database. Random spot checks will be carried out so please do adhere to these basic instructions.
Each Monday morning, all participants will get an email from our Sports Co-ordinator, Andrew Kirk. There will be two different pieces of information to look out for:
- Information about the upcoming fun activity on Padlet (see below). We have a capital city theme to the activities that will be both fun and educational!
- Access to a free of charge, pre-recorded fitness workout, led by one of our CitySA coaches. By taking part in a short workout in your own time, we will add a whopping 5,000 steps to your individual tally.
As mentioned, please note you will receive further instructions about these activities each Monday. There’s no need to do anything at this early stage, but we understand you are itching to get going and get involved of course!