Lead the Change
Your Students’ Association is here for all students at the College and are passionate about influencing change within their Student Learning Experience. To do this each year we hold elections for Faculty Rep positions to represent feedback from the courses within their faculty.
If you have any questions you can call us on 0141 375 5322 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively you can visit the Students’ Association offices (Level 2 City Campus and Level 0 Riverside Campus) where our friendly staff will be happy to help you and offer advice!
The Faculty Rep Role
The role of the Faculty Rep is to represent the views of students within their Faculty at meetings of the Faculty Board Meetings and the Student Representative Council within the Students’ Association. This is a fantastic opportunity that gives students the power and resources necessary to improve to college experience for thousands of students.
- Gather feedback from Class Representatives in your Faculty – the Students’ Association will support you to do this.
- Attendance at Faculty Boards – there are up to three meetings each year and we rotate which Faculty Reps are required to attend.
- Attendance at Student Representative Council – there are three meetings each year and if possible we encourage all Faculty Reps to attend.
The Students’ Association recognises that your studies must come first and as such if you are unable to attend any of the required meetings then this is acceptable so long as apologies are submitted in advance.
How to Submit a Nomination
It’s easy, just follow these steps:
- Write a short description of why you should be elected and what you would do for your Faculty. Keep it brief, as this is what students will read when they vote for you (Bullet points are ideal!).
- Complete your Nomination Form - you can do this on the CitySA website or using page 5 in this pack.
Paper nomination forms can be handed in at one of the Students’ Association Offices (Level 2 City Campus and Level 0 Riverside Campus).
Please note as Faculty Reps directly tie into the Class Rep System only elected Class Reps can run for these positions and they may only run for the Faculty from which they study. The deadline for submission of all nominations of Friday 11th October at 5pm.
After you submit a nomination
On receiving your nomination form the Students’ Association will check you are eligible to run and ensure that the content you have submitted is acceptable.
We will then invite you to a campaign briefing session where we will discuss the election process and answer any questions you have about this. A full breakdown of the election timetable is shown below.
||Tuesday 1st October, 9am
||Friday 11th October, 5pm
|Candidates Briefing Sessions*
||Monday 21st October, 12pm and 1pm
|Annoucement of Candidates
||Tuesday 22nd October
|Candidate Period Begins and Voting Ends
||Monday 28th October, 9am
||Wednesday 30th October, 5pm
||Thursday 31st October
* All candidates must attend one of these sessions
If you'd like to nominate yourself as Class Rep, please click here